Are you still trying to sleep in the midst of a junk yard? You know
exactly what I am talking about! Your bedroom! Over time it has become
the graveyard for things that have no home. It is time for you to
purge these things from your bedroom. I want your bedroom to be a
haven for you each evening when you put your head on your pillow.
Clutter in your room is not conducive to peaceful rest. If you are
still having a hard time tossing out this stuff, then go to our
website and check out all the messages from your sisters. They have
shared with us their UFOs from your bedroom: Ugly, funny and old items
that were stealing their peace. There is probably a pretty good chance
that you will identify with at least one of those UFOs! If you do,
then go toss it now. Just one item! You can do it!
Some of you have been obsessing about our zones. Quit. If you try to
do to much too fast you will get tired and burn-out! Our goal is to
set up routines and stick to them. NOT A SPOTLESS HOUSE. This will be
the result of our goal.
Zone 4 is our master bedrooms, bath and closet. If you don’t have a
bath, consider yourself lucky.
I want you to ask yourself a few questions about this room in your home.
1. Do you sleep here?
2. Do you want the room to be restful and inviting?
3. Do you want do get up in the night and not bump into things.
4. Do you have trouble closing your Drawers?
5. Can you find the clothes you are looking for?
6. Do things fall off the closet shelf and hit you?
7. Are you afraid to look under the bed?
8. Are clothes piled to the ceiling on the chair in the corner?
9. Is your cedar chest filled with stuff you will never wear again?
10. Can you walk between the bed and the wall or are there several
piles of newspapers, books, trash and clothes?
11. Do you have to crawl into bed from the foot of the bed because
there is no room to walk?
12. Is stuff piled so high on the dressers and nightstands you have
forgotten what they look like?
13. Are the Cobwebs becoming moth collectors?
14. Are the dust bunnies reproducing in the corners and under the bed?
15. Can you see out your bedroom windows?
16. Can you close your closet door?
17. Have the spiders decided to winter over behind your bed?
18. If you open the drapes does the room fog up from the dust in them?
19. Do you know what color your carpet really is?
Now that you have asked yourself these questions, I can hear you
saying, Where do I start?
First I want you to realize that this is an on-going process. You may
or you may not get the whole room cleaned. That is not our objective.
We are focusing on our bedroom this week and any thing you do in this
room will be an improvement over the way it was last week. Each month
we put this room first in our minds. All I am asking is that you do a
little tiny bit each day. 15 minutes, 30 minutes I don’t care. You can
even do the 27 FLING Boogie. Just do something every day over and
above your morning and before bed routines.
Progress Not Perfection