Have you ever thought about this word ENOUGH!
This word is almost as bad as the word perfect. How many times a day do you hear the word enough come out of our mouth or into your brain. Let’s just look at damage that this word does to all of us.
1. I don’t have ENOUGH time! How many times do you say this one? We all have the same hours in every single day. Enough time to clean it the way your momma made you when you were a child. Enough time to get it right! So when we believe this lie; we stop dead in our tracks and DO NOTHING!
2. I don’t have ENOUGH help around the house! Oh Boy!!! Don’t get me started on this whiny attitude. If you live alone; it is just you: Single parents don’t have any one to whine too or nag either: You don’t hear them complain about this. So get off of your pity pot and do something. There are no excuses for this attitude. If you will set the example in love you will have the help. We have thousands of testimonials to back this up.
3. I don’t get ENOUGH appreciation from my family for what I do! Appreciation starts with you! When you start feeling bad because someone didn’t take notice that you cleaned something then you are cleaning for the wrong reason. Do it for you and it won’t feel like you are unappreciated, because you will appreciate the effort and as a result you will be blessing your family.
4. I don’t have ENOUGH money! We have all said this one; over and over again. Do you want to know the truth of the matter? Rita Davenport taught me. If money will fix it; it is not a problem. If we will quit wasting our money on quick fixes we will have all we need. Say no to buying more clutter! This will happen once the clutter is out of your home. You will find a new freedom from letting go of your clutter. Not only will you have more open clear spots in your home, but you will also have the money that you didn’t waste on the clutter. This goes for fast food, yard sale bargains and department store sales. When you start filling that hole that is in your soul with love, you will no longer need to just dump anything in there to make you feel better.
5. I don’t have ENOUGH storage: Yes you do, but you have clutter taking over its space. Let go of the clutter and you won’t have to spend money on those storage units. By only having things around you that you love and use; your clutter will have to find a new home. That will release the space for the things you love.
6 I don’t have enough supplies: This one gets our new members all the time. They think that they need to go out and buy storage containers. We have even had FlyBabies recognize each other in the check out line. Are you a FlyBaby too??? We have all that we will ever need except maybe garbage bags. 🙂 We go through a lot of those when we are doing our Super FLING Boogie. As for cleaning supplies; I use very few. A window cleaner and some soap. That is about it. We don’t need magic cleaning supplies to get us started and this goes for the things that we have for sale on our website. I don’t want to hear that you can’t get started because you have not had the money to order your timer, duster, book or calendar. The thing that gets you started is getting off your franny and moving. So quit making excuses and go shine your sink with what you have. Do what you can with what you have, where you are! President Teddy Roosevelt said that to our country once.
7. I don’t have a house that is big ENOUGH: Whine Whine Whine! If everyone has a place to sleep then your home is plenty big; but if clutter has taken over; no wonder you don’t think you have enough room. Clutter is evicting your family. Toss him out on his ear and make room to live. We have had members who could not believe how big their home had become once the clutter was gone. It is the best remodel you can do to your home.
8. I don’t get ENOUGH respect. Do you want to know why; Because you don’t respect yourself first. You don’t need outside admiration when you value yourself. You have to show a little to get a little. This goes even farther than this. The more you give the more you will get. Give it to yourself and reap what you sow!
9. I can’t dress well because I don’t have ENOUGH nice clothes. This goes back to the respect issue. You don’t have to have fancy clothes to feel good and pretty in what you have. A clean pair of jeans and a bright colored shirt and make you feel like a million bucks if you will take the time to dress each morning. Once you quit wasting money and feel that you are worth it, you will get yourself one new outfit and a decent pair of lace-up shoes. You can save for them. Learn to mix and match what you have. This is not hard. As a rule we only wear a few items in our closet anyway because we can’t see what we really do have for all the fat clothes and skinny clothes that are taking up room in our closets. Rita Davenport taught me many years ago to not hold on the your fat clothes because you will get back into them. I feel that you have get rid of your skinny ones because they make you feel bad. When we feel bad we usually eat! So cut this out by tossing this attitude out the door with the clothes that don’t fit you!
10. I don’t have ENOUGH energy; Enough energy for what! To run a marathon? That is not what I am asking you to do. All I want is for you to start with simple morning babystep routines and evening routines and to declutter 15 minutes a day. It does not have to all be done at one time. Last year we got a testimonial from a member that was overweight. It was hard for her to stand for even a minute. Now I am in purple puddles(tears) as I retell this story. So in order to get her sink shining; she set her timer for 1 minute and then she would rest for 15 minutes. It took her all day, but she shined her sink. In her testimonial she told us how getting up for 1 minute turned into 2 minutes and then into 3 and eventually after several months of FLYing she was even able to leave her house to go shopping for her children’s home schooling material. So what is your excuse? Even people with chronic illnesses can do just a little from where they are. People with MS, FM, CFS and cancer have all figured out ways to do just a little at a time and pace themselves. That is what we all need to do: Take babysteps so we don’t burn out!
11. I don’t have ENOUGH Love; Well for once you may be right about this one. You joined our little cyber family to get your home organized. You never dreamed that our messages were more about your attitude toward yourself. You don’t have ENOUGH self love! Now don’t email me complaining that this is not what the Bible teaches. I think it is. Don’t forget the Golden Rule! To love thy neighbor as thyself! I feel that you can’t love anyone else till you do! If I can teach you to FLY; Finally Love Yourself, then your home and life come together.
Have you ever been on an airplane and heard the flight attendant tell you that if the oxygen masks come down to secure yours first before you help your child or others. When you give, give, give and don’t save any for you then you are left wanting. As we always say, If momma ain’t happy then nobody’s happy! Take care of yourself; If you don’t then who will????
Are you ready to FLY with just ENOUGH!