A few months ago, I did some experiments with our reminders in the emails. Many of you loved them but others of you did not. They were labor intensive for me. I have come up with a new way to get our reminders. I prayed, studied, and got some inspiration.
We already have a Twitter Account and I have found a way to upload the daily reminders to an interface called HootSuite. We were already using this tool to send our Facebook Posts to Twitter.
Here is what you have to do to sign up for the reminders.
1. Sign up for a Twitter Account. https://twitter.com
2. Log into your Twitter Account
3. Decide if you want to only get the reminders or all our messages.
4. Decide if you want to get them on your phone.
5. If you want all the messages then follow;
6. If you only want to get the reminders then follow
7. Getting the notifications on your phone is easy; all you have to do is look at the screen shot that I did for you. Click on the little gear by Following; Turn on the mobile notifications. You can turn them off the same way.
I believe with all my heart that the reminders getting my attention on my palm Pilot is what helped me to get organized back in 1999. I used the calendar setting to do this. Now we have Twitter! Oh and there are Twitter Apps for iPhone and Droid. I use the twitter phone notifications for news, traffic alerts, and weather warnings.
I know the reminders are going to help you too!