My sister Kathy’s dryer caught on fire. My niece, Tia, noticed there was smoke coming from the dryer. My sister called 911 right away, got her daughter and the animals out. She went back in with the fire extinguisher by then flames were shooting out. She tried putting out the fire then went out for some air and then came back in and tried putting it out more and then the smoke was too bad. p.s. Don’t be as brave as my sister!
The good news is that everyone is fine and they have good house insurance. It looks like the outside structure is fine, but the inside has to be completely gutted and remodeled. This is the most devastating thing they’ve gone through.
Definitely if you see smoke coming from your dryer–call 911 immediately. If you don’t already have the Dryer Cleaning kit — get one. I wouldn’t want anyone to go through what my sister and her family are going through.