Here it is already June! Isn’t it amazing how time FLYs when you are having fun!
A new month means a new habit to practice! This month we are going to focus on a habit that is going to change how you feel. Many times when we are tired we don’t even realize that we are just dehydrated.
June is water month! We are going to drink our water. This one habit is not only going to save you money but it will also help relieve your tiredness. I know it sounds too simple but this one little habit energize you. There are many other benefits too but you will see those as you start to keep up with your water intake.
Have you lost your get up and go and you don’t know where it got up and went? Many of us have this problem.
The answer may surprise you!!!
You are dehydrated! Yes you heard me. You are not drinking enough water; I did not say liquids, I said water.
You know how much water you need to drink. 8- 8oz.glasses, is the recommended about for normal height and weight. Don’t email me on this. It is up to you to figure out what is right for you. I have some tips for reminding yourself to drink your water. Look at the 8oz measuring cup, that is really small, when you think about this. One member uses a nice tea cup for her water. It is small and makes her feel good when she uses it.
1. Put up post-it notes to remind you; Bright red or neon. Any color
to get your attention.
2. Get 4-16 oz bottles of water and set them out each morning. Refill each night. I happen to know a place where you can get a really great water bottle.
3. Drink water with all your meals.
4. If you have a hard time drinking water, use a pretty glass or favorite cup. You can also drink out of a straw. Try it. Water goes down much faster when you suck it up. LOL
5. Keep a bottle of water in your car, by your chair, and by your bed.
6. When you think you are hungry, drink a glass of water first.
7. If you can’t keep up with the number of ounces you are drinking, keep a pile of pennies for every 8 oz glasses. Move them from one pile to the next, each time you drink a glass of water. I used polished rocks from my candle rock garden on my entrance table. Each time I fill up my water bottle I move a rock. Robert thought the cat was playing some funny game with the rocks.
8. Take a pretty bottle that can hold 64 ounces. I used to have a big round green wine bottle that I filled with 12 oz glasses. Each time I poured the water into the bottle, I made a mark on the side to calibrate it. That way, any time during the day, I could count how many ounces I had drunk for the day.
9. Use a favorite glass or a pretty stemmed water glass. You feel special drinking water from a pretty glass.
10. Drink water at the top of every hour. Eventually you will not have to go potty as often. One other thing: Every time you go to the bathroom, then drink some more water.
11. If you have the flu or respiratory infection. The water will help to break up the phlegm and wash the impurities out of your system. You will cough up this stuff. It is my best medicine for a cold, flu, or stomach virus.
12. If you can’t remember to drink your water. Send yourself 8 emails and leave them in your inbox to remind you! Delete as you drink your water!
Please keep in mind that too much of a good thing is bad. Do not drink more that 12 ounces in a 30 minute period of time. There is such a thing as water intoxication. Your kidneys can shut down.
Baby steps and incorporate water drinking into your routines. This will be good for you and it may just give you the energy to get your routines done.
One other benefit from drinking water, your skin will not be as dry or wrinkled. Water is the best moisturizer you can buy!
This is one simple way to love yourself. Take the time to drink your water. If you don’t, who will take care of you!
Are you ready to FLY with your new habit?
P.S. As FlyBabies we tend to think that if a little will do this good then a lot will be better! DON’T GO OVERBOARD! You can drink too much water and deplete your electrolytes. This is called water intoxication. It will cause your kidneys to shut down. Don’t drink more than 12 oz in a half hour. Pace yourself if you drink one little tea cup each hour for 8 hours; you have supplied your body with the water it needs.