Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. People will be telling one another who or what they are thankful for as they get ready to devour a feast. Let’s not let our thankful attitude end while the dishes are still on the table.
Every morning when I wake up, I start thanking God for this day and ask for His guidance. It only takes a few minutes to start my day with thanksgiving in my heart.
Here are some things that I am thankful for.
- My Sweet Darling! He spoils me every day! This week he has been feeling bad with a stomach bug. Last night I told him that it was probably my fault he was sick. Which brings to the next thing I am blessed with!
- A husband who loves to grocery shop. All I have to do is make a grocery list and he goes to the store. Then I put them away! He probably caught the bug on a grocery cart. Men don’t wipe down handles like women do.
- I tell Robert at least once a week that I am so thankful that I never have to date again. We just laugh and blow each other a kiss.
- I am thankful for a son who helps me to help all of you. He frees me to be FlyLady!
- I am thankful for all the FlyCrew!
- I am blessed to have my health.
- I am thankful for a doctor who listens.
- I am thankful for a stocked pantry and freezer.
- I am thankful for a car that runs well.
- I am thankful for a home that practically cleans itself!
- Which brings me to my routines. They are set in stone and thankful that I don’t have to think to keep our home shining.
- I am thankful for clothes that are too big!
- I am thankful for a Godly Grandmother who taught me how to be thankful.
- I am thankful to live in the country! Traffic is a pain.
- I am thankful for finding my purpose in life.
- I am thankful for all of you! You gave me that purpose.
- I am thankful for all the mistakes I have made along the way to finding my purpose. Each wrong turn; was made right with gentle nudges from my Heavenly Father.
- I am thankful that a penitent heart and the blood of Jesus makes my sins invisible.
I end every day with a little ritual in my bathroom. When I wash my hands with my Jergens hand soap, the smell reminds me of Granny. I thank God for giving me a Godly Grandmother. Then I head off to bed singing a hymn I remember and love; To God Be the Glory.
At this point, I am ready to close my eyes, say my prayers, and sleep.
Have a wonderful Thankgiving! We have decided to postpone ours till Sunday. That way Robert will be feeling better. Thank you for all your prayers.
Carpet Sweepas are back in stock!
These make great gifts for busy moms with messy toddlers.