December is a very busy time and along the way of caring for others, you put yourself at the end of the line.
December’s habit is Pampering Yourself! Now I don’t want to hear that you do not have time! This is why we made December’s Habit Pampering! All we ask is that you do something nice for yourself every day!
Some of you have not ever done this! You are so good at taking care of others that you forget to take care of you!
Post some of your favorite ways to pamper yourself right on our Facebook page.
Or you can send them to me, FlyLady@flylady.net with TAKE TIME FOR ME in the subject line.
You are going to enjoy this habit!
This month our new habit is pampering ourselves.
Every day I want you to take the time to do some little something for you. After all it is part of our 11 Commandments. (#8 & 11)
FlyLady’s Eleven Commandments
1. Keep your sink clean and shiny.
2. Get dressed every morning, even if you don’t feel like it. Don’t forget your lace-up shoes.
3. Do your morning and before bedtime routine everyday.
4. Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked by the computer.
5. Pick up after yourself. If you get it out, put it away.
6. Don’t try to do two projects at once. ONE JOB AT A TIME.
7. Don’t pull out more than you can put back in one hour.
8. Do something for yourself everyday, maybe every morning and night.
9. Work as fast as you can to get the job done. This will give you more time to play later.
10. Smile even when you don’t feel like it. It is contagious. Make your mind up to be happy and you will be.
11. Don’t forget to laugh everyday. Pamper yourself, you deserve it.
Just in case you can’t think of anything to do to pamper yourself. I have made a list. You can take this list and put it in your Control Journal or you can cut them up, fold them up and put them in a beautiful bowl.
Each morning pull one out and plan your day around your time! If you have others you want to add then by all means adapt this for you! It might make a great gift for someone too.
Have fun and remember to PAMPER YOURSELF! OH and you are not limited to one per day. Some of them may become part of your daily routine: a splash of your favorite perfume, your favorite jewelry, bathroom inspirational reading or a bubble bath.
Here is the list.
1. Shave your legs and put lotion on them.
2. Put on an exfoliating mask while you take a bubble bath.
3. Massage your hands with lotion or oil for 5 minutes.
4. Put some cuticle cream on your nails.
5. Spend 5 minutes writing in your gratitude journal.
6. Sit down with a nice cup of something warm to drink and read your favorite magazine.
7. Take a long hot shower with your favorite shower gel or a bubble bath.
8. Fill up a foot tub with hot water and soak your tired feet. If you have some marbles put them in the bottom of the pan to massage your feet. Put a little lavender oil or your favorite oil in the water.
9. Give yourself a pedicure.
10. Paint your fingernails with your favorite color!
11. Watch your favorite movie! Get out the hankies.
12. Brush and floss your teeth; whiten them while you are in the tub.
13. Use a sugar scrub on your feet and elbows. Homemade Sugar Scrub
4 T Olive Oil
Enough sugar to make it pasty
Your favorite fragrance (Lemon Juice, Favorite Perfume, etc.)
Apply all over after soaping and rinsing and the sugar will exfoliate
and the olive oil will moisturize.
14. Condition your hair and wrap your head in a towel or shower cap and take a hot shower.
15. Pluck those unwanted hairs in your eyebrows and chin.
16. Exfoliate your face and then moisturize.
17. Put on some relaxing music and listen quietly.
18. Take a hot bath with your favorite scents and Epson salts.
19. Rub Vaseline or lotion on your feet and put your socks on and go to bed.
20. Make an appointment to get your hair colored, cut or a perm. Or just get it fixed.
21. Heat up a tub sock filled with dried beans or rice in the microwave and put around your shoulders.
22. Sit down in your favorite chair and do some deep breathing exercises.
23. Go put on your favorite perfume.
24. Put a cold compress on your eyes. If you have a gel eye mask take it out of the freezer and place it on your eyes. Lay your head back and enjoy a few minutes of peace.
25. Take a hot bath and while you are in there scrub your feet with a pumice stone.
26. Take a 20 minute nap! Set your timers. No whining allowed!
27. Sit down and enjoy a cup of hot tea. If you have a back massager; plug it in or take a long sock and put some tennis balls in it. Lean back against the tennis balls. This works well. My chiropractor told me about this one. You can sit on it too.
28. Go take a bath by candlelight! Everything looks great in candlelight.
29. Go to your jewelry box and put on a piece of your favorite jewelry to wear just because you like it. No special occasion.
30. Sit down and watch a funny TV show or movie. It is time to laugh.
31. Put an inspirational book in your bathroom. Take a few minutes while you are in there to read a page.