Every Monday, we do a weekly home blessing hour. It only takes us a few minutes on each little blessing to get our home gleaming. After an hour, it is done and we are smiling! We already use Wednesdays as our day to get ready to run our errands on Thursdays. Each Wednesday we get out our calendars and look at our schedules for next week as well as clean out our refrigerators and plan our menus. Then we are able to put together that empowering list for our shopping trip. Your list can be your best friend if you will allow it to guide you in your choices.
From now on, we will call this a Financial Home Blessing Hour! You don’t have to do it all at once, but each item needs to be looked at before you run your errands. It won’t take long if you will just sit down and do it! So get out your timers! Let’s do it, 10 minutes on each item! Don’t get bogged down in your perfectionism!
- Make menus for next week. Get out your calendar and check your schedule.
- Make a grocery list.
- Go through the house and look for items you are running low on. Shampoo, soap, toothpaste… and you know that nothing says “I love you!” like toilet paper!
- How much money do you have in your checking account or wallet? How much are you allotting yourself to spend on the items on your list? Your friend is going to help you curb your spending! We are only going to buy what our friend tells us to.
- Are there any bills you need to pay? Write the checks now; while you are out running around, you could drop them off or mail them. Do you have any deposits for the bank?
- Do you need to return any library books or videos? Gather them up and get them in the car. We are no longer going to be plagued with procrastination and the guilt of missing library books and the added expense of fines. We have our book bag!
- Is there anything that needs to be mailed from the post office? Do you need to purchase any stamps so you will not have any excuse to mail your bills on time?
- Do you have any other errands to run, such as picking up dry cleaning or any other upcoming events to plan for? Check your calendar. Now put your list in your wallet! This is a valuable tool to save you money!
Once you get into the weekly routine of doing this, you will feel empowered. Your food expenses are one area that you can save money. Make your plan, follow your plan, and save money to put against your credit card debt! We can do this! I am so proud of you for wanting to find peace in your financial home!
Are you ready to FLY by FACEing next week with a clear head?