Beginner BabySteps: Day 24
BabyStep: Day 24
One of the things that make our home always ready for company is the fact that our main bathroom is clean. Each morning as part of my Morning Routine, I do something we call the “Swish and Swipe.” This means you swish the toilet with a toilet bowl brush
and wipe down the counter tops and sink with a rag
and put away all the things you have gotten out. This takes all of two minutes to keep our bathroom ready for anyone.
Now I want you to try it. Set your timer and see how long it takes you to Swish and Swipe your bathroom.
- Get up and make your bed
- get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, face
- Swish and Swipe your bathroom
- Recognize negative voices and change them
- Reboot your laundry
- What’s for dinner?
- Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
- Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!
- Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!
- Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you
- Read Your FlyLady Emails as a reward for doing your morning routine.
- Keep your sink shining
- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
- Put in a load of laundry
- Put out your Hot Spot.
- Look at your Control Journal check list.
- Time for bed; consider yourself tucked in!
FlyLady Tip: The secret to swish and swipe is having all the tools you need in each bathroom. I keep a toilet bowl brush in an old vase filled a 50/50 solution of old shampoo or body wash that I didn’t like. I don’t use harsh chemicals in my home.
Soap is soap; just the action of swishing the toilet daily even without soap will keep things from growing in there! ~FlyLady
Back to the 31 Beginner BabySteps.