Have you lost your get up and go and you don’t know where it got up and went? Many of us have this problem. The answer may surprise you!!!
You are dehydrated! Yes you heard me. You are not drinking enough water. I did not say liquids, I said water.
You know how much water you need to drink. 8- 8oz.glasses, is the recommended about for normal height and weight. Don’t email me on this. It is up to you to figure out what is right for you. I have some tips for reminding yourself to drink your water.
1. Put up post-it notes to remind you: Bright red or neon. Any color to get your attention. Set up a reminder on your phone.
2. Get 4-16 oz bottles of water and set them out each morning. Refill each night.
3. Drink water with all your meals. If you have a hard time drinking water, use a pretty glass or favorite cup. You can also drink out of a straw. Try it. Water goes down much faster when you suck it up.
4. Keep a bottle of water in your car, by your chair, and by your bed. When you think you are hungry, drink a glass of water first.
5. If you can’t keep up with the number of bottles you are drinking then use rubber bands on your water bottle. Each time you refill your water bottle then roll it up on your bottle. I have seven colored hair ties on my water bottle.
6. Take a pretty jug that can hold 64 ounces. I have used a big round green wine bottle that I filled with 12 oz glasses. Each time I poured the water into the bottle, I made a mark on the side to calibrate it. That way, any time during the day, I could count how many ounces I had drunk for the day.
7. Drink water at the top of every hour and at the bottom of the hour. Set your timer to remind you to drink up!
If you have the flu or respiratory infection; the water will help to break up the phlegm and wash the impurities out of your system. You will cough up this stuff. It is my best medicine for a cold, flu, or stomach virus.
Please keep in mind that too much of a good thing is bad. Do not drink more that 12 ounces in a 30 minute period of time. There is such a thing as water intoxication. Your kidneys can shut down.
Baby steps and incorporate water drinking into your routines. This will be good for you and it may just give you the energy to get your routines done.
One other benefit from drinking water, your skin will not be as dry or wrinkled. Water is the best beauty makeover.
Are you ready to FLY with your water bottle keeping you fueled and ready to Get Up and Go!
For more help getting rid of your CHAOS, check out her website and join her free mentoring group at www.FlyLady.net or her book, Sink Reflections published by Random House and her New York Times Best Selling book, Body Clutter published by Simon and Schuster. Copyright 2011 Marla Cilley Used by permission in this publication.