I want for you the joy I feel every morning when I walk into my front room and kitchen. Even after many years of this area being clean, I still marvel and smile each time I enter this room.
Words are inadequate to express this uplifting feeling.
If you have had the pleasure of this emotion, you know what I am talking about. But if you have not shared in our joy, I want you to look at some of the reasons why you have not felt this yet.
1. You are still waiting for someone else to clean it up. (Not going to happen.)
2. You didn’t mess it up so why should you clean it up. (So you can feel what we feel if for no other reason.)
3. You just don’t know were to start. (I have told you to start with your kitchen sink) It really works. Many will testify to it. Clean and shiny.
4. Your husband and children are the messy ones. (You teach by example.) Also have a family meeting and explain what you want to accomplish. This will work.
5. You have too much to do, therefore you don’t have time to police the hotspots and do your routines. (If you do your routines you will have more guilt free time to do more things.) I promise.
6. FlyLady’s routines are too long. Not if you take baby steps and establish the habits that will start you on your journey. 3 simple habits. Get up and get dressed to shoes, keep your kitchen clean and sink shiny, and lay out your clothes for tomorrow.
7. You don’t feel like doing anything. Put on your lace up shoes and this will help you to get things done. If you wear shoes in the house then get a pair that you only wear in the house! This is going to change everything! Shoes tell your head that it is time to do something.
8. My routine takes too long. Your routine is too big. Break it down to the main components and try a simplified version. My takes 20 minutes tops unless I need to shower in the morning(I usually take a bubble bath at night.) Then I take 30 minutes. The best part is, if I have done my before bed routine, the morning is a breeze.
9. You don’t have the energy to do the routines. (Are you getting enough sleep?) Are you going to bed at a decent hour and getting up rested.
10. You still don’t feel well even getting enough rest and eating properly. Well I suggest you have a physical, check your thyroid levels, other chemical levels in your blood. You deserve to feel well. I want you to be on top of the world. I am. Promise me that you will get a doctor’s appointment and get this checked out. Even low average thyroid levels can cause fatigue.
11. You don’t have time, because you are spending too much time on the computer and Facebook. Well I spend a whole lot more than most of you on the computer. My house is clean enough for company all the time and I have no guilt about being on the computer, because I got my work done first. Well make a rule that you will not check your email until your routine is done in the morning. and that you will get off line at a decent hour to start your before bed routine. You can do this. Even if you have to set a timer.
You have made the first step, by joining this group.
Open up your wings, It’s time to FLY,