What is Cozi? Listen to Flylady and Carol from Cozi explain the new partnership between Cozi and FlyLady on BlogTalkRadio!
Sign up for the FlyLady Online Organizer right now to start FLYing online.
FlyLady.net and Cozi have teamed up to bring to you the FlyLady Online Organizer. This is a web-based calendar and organizer program that will allow you to schedule, plan, have time-zone-specific reminders, shopping lists, to-do lists, a family journal section that you can even opt in to post to Facebook, and more! Oh yes, and we did mention it’s free?
This program is available as an online tool to use on your computer, but it also can be accessed from mobile phones that have web service. This means you can take your calendar and lists any where you go! There are also apps with more details available for iPhone and Droid mobile phones (there is a small charge for the Cozi app in the respective app stores for these phones, and you must sign up for a FlyLady Online Organizer account first).
You can have everything in one place, accessible from any computer or mobile device that has an Internet connection. For quite a while we have been asked for a control journal online or for a FlyLady app for mobile phones; this team has something even better! The fact that you and all of your family members can use the FlyLady Online Organizer at the same time — from not just your phone but computers as well — is a great feature. Your spouse can be at work and add something to the grocery list, you can be at home and add something to the to-do list, and your child can be at soccer practice and add a game to the calendar, all at the same time! We did something better than designing an app for only a small group; we have given all of you the opportunity to have this amazing online calendar organizer!
Check out the information below for how to get your FlyLady Online Organizer (when setting up your account, make sure you use a sign-in and password that the whole family can use)
As you all will be scheduling events, reminders, making to-do lists, and playing with all of the really helpful features that the organizer has, we wanted to make sure you knew about the Weekly Agenda feature. This is like a sneak peek for you and your family that is based on your calendar. This is an e-mail with all the scheduled appointments/events that are on the calendar for the upcoming week. It is hands down one of the coolest features on the FlyLady Online Organizer.
Even better, it is so easy to have this Weekly Agenda sent to you. Here are the steps of how to set up your very own Weekly Agenda that will come to you via e-mail every Sunday:
- Sign in to your Organizer
- From the menu side bar, select “Settings”
- On the “Settings” page, select “E-mail Notifications”
- Under “Weekly Agenda,” select the family members that you want to receive the agenda
- Click “Done” to save the settings
That’s it! Your Weekly Agenda is your very own Sneak Peek for you and your family! Enjoy!
You can use this as a guide to sync with the family wall calendar that your children need to see you use so they can learn the life skill of scheduling and using a calendar. The fabulous FlyLady Family Wall Calendar (you can purchase yours from The FlyShop!) is a great tool to use with your FlyLady Online Organizer powered by Cozi.
Also, there are now FREE ad-supported iPhone and Android apps available in their respective stores (iTunes and Android Market Place – U.S. only, keep checking for international versions). If you have web capability on your mobile phone, you can use m.cozi.com
If you are NEW to Cozi AND FlyLady, sign up for the FlyLady Online Organizer right now to start FLYing online.
You’ll get the FlyLady’s Exclusive Guide to Flying Online along with all the amazing functionality of Cozi’s online calendar, to-do lists, grocery lists, family journal, and much more
If you do not already have a Cozi account, go to the FlyLady Online Organizer sign-up page and follow the included instructions.
If you already have a Cozi account and would like the FlyLady version, learn how to switch to the FlyLady version.
When you download your calendar/organizer, you will get several e-mails that will help you set up appointments, reminders, and how to use your online organizer. There is no preloaded content when you get your calendar, as content is personal and we want you to have the choice of what to add to your own organizer. We have zone detailed cleaning lists, a master shopping list, and a zone calendar. We have really given the outstanding developers and customer service team a lot of work to do, and they have been incredible to work with. Please continue to get comfortable with your calendars! Thanks again to all of you for your continued love and support!
Download your Zone Detailed Cleaning Lists for your FlyLady Online Calendar (stay tuned for grocery lists, reminders lists and more!):
- FlyLady Cleaning List: Zone 1
- FlyLady Cleaning List: Zone 2
- FlyLady Cleaning List: Zone 3
- FlyLady Cleaning List: Zone 4
- FlyLady Cleaning List: Zone 5
Remember when you see the list in your to-do list there may be things that don’t apply to your home because they are what is on FlyLady’s Detailed Cleaning List for her house. This list is can be customized to your home. You can edit by changing some of the wording to fit your home or delete things that don’t apply and add things that are not on FlyLady’s list. Here’s how:
- When you click on the link, it will take you to a page on Cozi.
- Scroll down the page where you will see a clickable link that says “Add items to your Cozi to-do list”
- When you click the link, it will open up your FlyLady Online Organizer and ask you where you want to put your Zone list (The default is a newly created to-do list for the FlyLady Zone you are creating.)
- Click “Add to List,” and the list will begin downloading to your account.
- Be patient! There will be a slight delay where it appears as though nothing is happening while the server is busy working. If you are using a dial up connection or an older version of a browser, it may take longer.
A note about Zone 3: Please be patient! Long lists can take several seconds to load after you choose “Add to List” on your to-do list page.
Once the list is in your “To Do” section of your FlyLady Online Organizer, you are ready to delete, add, or edit to customize for your home! You will be able to check these items off your list as you do them while you are in zones. If you need to remove or print the list, you can use the drop-down tools at the bottom of the To Do window.
We now have the Zone Calendar ready for you to download to your FlyLady Online Organizer! When you download the calendar, it will place the Zones and missions on your calendar as an all-day event. You will be able to see what zone you are in every day throughout the year.
Here is how you add the Zones and missions to your FlyLady Online Organizer powered by Cozi:
- Go to the “Add an Internet Calendar to your Family’s Calendar” page
- On the “Add an Internet Calendar to your Family’s Calendar” page, scroll down to the section “Add an Internet Calendar of your Own”
- Copy this URL: Just Right Click and copy link then paste into your browser.
- DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK – ONLY COPY! DO NOT PUT ANY BREAK BETWEEN ANY LETTERS OR PUNCTUATION.
- Paste the copied link into the “Calendar URL” box.
- Click “Add”
- Next you will be asked “Whose calendar should events from FlyLady Zones for 2014 appear on?” Make your selection and click “Subscribe to Calendar”
That’s it! You have now added the zones to your calendar! You will always know what zone we are in! (This is a calendar only for the Zones)
As always, the amazing support team at Cozi will help you along the way if you have any issues. If you need any assistance with the Cozi calendar, please contact Cozi via the Cozi Support Page and they will respond to you promptly.