Welcome to FlyLady! We are so glad you are here and ready to get started. We can’t wait for you to start FLYing! Don’t get hung up on trying to do this all at once. Babysteps! Watch the two videos below!
Step One: Join our e-mail group and read your welcome letter.
We have an e-mail list that sends out daily reminders, e-mails from FlyLady, testimonials, missions, and more! Join FlyLady’s e-mail group! Once you join, you’ll receive a welcome letter from FlyLady. Did you lose your letter? Read FlyLady’s welcome letter to you here!
Step Two: Begin your FLYing Lessons
Don’t know where to start first? Begin by reading the FLYing Lessons! Here are some to get you started:
- Watch this video FlyLady From the Heart
- Shine your sink – this is your first task as a FlyBaby, and also the foundation of FlyLady. It all begins with a shiny sink!
- Getting dressed to shoes – FlyLady believes that you feel and act differently when you are completely dressed with shoes on your feet, even if you’re not leaving the house. It makes you feel ready to go! Read FlyLady’s essay about why you should get dressed to shoes every day.
- BabySteps – As FlyLady says, “Your home did not get dirty in one day, and it will not get clean in a day either.”
- Declutter 15 minutes a day – FlyLady’s principle is that anyone can do anything for 15 minutes. Just set a timer and declutter something for 15 minutes, and then stop when the timer goes off!
- Take regular breaks – Cleaning doesn’t need to be a marathon! Take 15-minute breaks after a round of decluttering to rest your mind, calm yourself, and plan what you want to do next.
- FlyLady’s 11 commandments – FlyLady’s commandments that will help you begin to FLY.
Step Three: FlyLady’s Beginner BabySteps
Are you ready to jump in where you are? FlyLady has some initial tasks for your first month with FlyLady. Start with these beginner BabySteps to get a feel for FlyLady’s system! Your first BabyStep is to go shine your sink!
Step Four: Build your control journal
The control journal is our own personal manual for listing and keeping track of your routines. You can buy FlyLady’s control journal from the FlyShop, or you can read FlyLady’s steps on how to build one on your own.
Step Five: Get connected
Listen in to FlyLady’s radio shows on BlogTalkRadio FlyLady! You can also listen to the radio shows of FlyLady’s friends, such as Leanne Ely (aka the Dinner Diva) and Eric Dodge! You can also follow FlyLady on Twitter and join our Facebook page to interact with other FlyBabies!