How many times a day do you hear the word ENOUGH come out of our mouth or into your brain. Let’s just look at damage that this word does to all of us.
1. I don’t have ENOUGH time! How many times do you say this one? We all have the same hours in every single day. Enough time to clean it the way your momma made you when you were a child. Enough time to get it right! So when we believe this lie; we stop dead in our tracks and DO NOTHING!
2. I don’t have ENOUGH help around the house! Oh Boy!!! Don’t get me started on this whiny attitude. If you live alone, it is just you. Single parents don’t have any one to whine too or nag either. You don’t hear them complain about this. There are no excuses for this attitude. If you will set the example in love you will have the help.
3. I don’t have ENOUGH money! We have all said this one; over and over again. Do you want to know the truth of the matter? Rita Davenport taught me. If money will fix it; it is not a problem. If we will quit wasting our money on quick fixes we will have all we need. Say no to buying more clutter! This will happen once the clutter is out of your home. You will find a new freedom from letting go of your clutter. Not only will you have more open clear spots in your home, but you will also have the money that you didn’t waste on the clutter. This goes for fast food, yard sale bargains and department
store sales. When you start filling that hole that is in your soul with love, you will no longer need to just dump anything in there to make you feel better.
4. I don’t have ENOUGH storage: Yes you do, but you have clutter taking over its space. Let go of the clutter and you won’t have to spend money on those storage units. By only having things around you that you love and use; your clutter will have to find a new home. That will release the space for the things you love.
5. I don’t get ENOUGH respect. Do you want to know why; Because you don’t respect yourself first. You don’t need outside admiration when you value yourself. You have to show a little to get a little. This goes even farther than this. The more you give the more you will get. Give it to yourself and reap what you sow!
6. I can’t dress well because I don’t have ENOUGH nice clothes. This goes back to the respect issue. You don’t have to have fancy clothes to feel good and pretty in what you have. A clean pair of jeans and a bright colored shirt and make you feel like a million bucks if you will take the time to dress each morning. Once you quit wasting money and feel that you are worth it, you will get yourself one new outfit and a decent pair of lace-up shoes. You can save for them.
7. I don’t have ENOUGH energy; Enough energy for what! To run a marathon? That is not what I am asking you to do. All I want is for you to start with simple morning babystep routines and evening routines and to declutter 15 minutes a day. It does not have to all be done at one time.
8. I don’t have ENOUGH Love; Well for once you may be right about this one. You want to get your home organized. You never dreamed that this column was more about your attitude toward yourself. You don’t have ENOUGH self love! If I can teach you to FLY; Finally Love Yourself, then your home and life come together. Have you ever been on an airplane and heard the flight attendant tell you that if the oxygen masks come down to secure yours first before you help your child or others. When you give, give, give and don’t save any for you then you are left wanting. If momma ain’t happy then nobody’s happy! Take care of yourself; If you don’t do this then who will????
Are you ready to FLY with just ENOUGH and quit WHINING!!