The kitchen is the heart of our home.
FlyBabies: Focus on one little part — reclaim your kitchen sink. Empty everything
out of your sink, shine it up, fill it with hot soapy water, and start washing
dishes, one at a time.
- Do a 27-Fling “Trash” Boogie. Trash is clutter. When the bag is full, take it outside, right away, to the trash bin.
- Clear out your mail hotspot. Get rid of the old magazines, catalogs, and advertisments.
- Clear the clutter off your counters one at a time.
- Clear the clutter off your kitchen table.
- Take a peek at your pantry. Don’t pull everything out and start reorganizing; just take a look, see what you need, and start a grocery list.
If your kitchen is clean but still cluttered: start decluttering. Check out our daily missions. FlyLady usually sends out one during the week which concentrates on decluttering one small area of your kitchen.
If your kitchen is decluttered: (that means no more clutter — only the things you use and love) Start the detailed cleaning list. You will be amazed at how quickly the shiny sparkle from the kitchen sink spreads throughout the entire kitchen when the clutter is gone!
Welcome to Zone 2- The Kitchen. With Christmas just around the corner, your Kitchens are probably being used double time. Let’s get ready for the buzz of baking and cooking activity.
Take some time to go through your pots, pans, baking sheets, and to go containers. Set your timer for 15 minutes and toss what needs to be tossed. That cookie sheet that’s had baked on chocolate for two years? Toss it! The pot with the broken handle that burns you every time you try to pick it up? Toss it! What about the bowl that you hold on to in hopes that you’ll eventually find a lid that fits it but it’s useless until then? You got it… toss it too!
On your mark…. get set…. GOOOOOO!