The kitchen is the heart of our home.
FlyBabies: Focus on one little part — reclaim your kitchen sink. Empty everything
out of your sink, shine it up, fill it with hot soapy water, and start washing
dishes, one at a time.
- Do a 27-Fling “Trash” Boogie. Trash is clutter. When the bag is full, take it outside, right away, to the trash bin.
- Clear out your mail hotspot. Get rid of the old magazines, catalogs, and advertisments.
- Clear the clutter off your counters one at a time.
- Clear the clutter off your kitchen table.
- Take a peek at your pantry. Don’t pull everything out and start reorganizing; just take a look, see what you need, and start a grocery list.
If your kitchen is clean but still cluttered: start decluttering. Check out Kelly’s missions, she usually sends out one during the week which concentrates on decluttering one small area of your kitchen.
If your kitchen is decluttered: (that means no more clutter — only the things you use and love) Start the detailed cleaning list. You will be amazed at how quickly the shiny sparkle from the kitchen sink spreads throughout the entire kitchen when the clutter is gone!
We’re in Zone 2: The Kitchen. Let’s shine our telephones! It’s easy to overlook our telephones, but they can become covered with grime before we know it! This is especially true in the kitchen because we often pick up the phone with sticky hands. Look for forgotten clutter that tends to accumulate around the phone. Toss pens that no longer work, expired coupons, and menus from restaurants that no longer in exist.