The kitchen is the heart of our home.
FlyBabies: Focus on one little part — reclaim your kitchen sink. Empty everything out of your sink, shine it up, fill it with hot soapy water, and start washing dishes, one at a time.
- Do a 27-Fling “Trash” Boogie. Trash is clutter. When the bag is full, take it outside, right away, to the trash bin.
- Clear out your mail hotspot. Get rid of the old magazines, catalogs, and advertisments.
- Clear the clutter off your counters one at a time.
- Clear the clutter off your kitchen table.
- Take a peek at your pantry. Don’t pull everything out and start reorganizing; just take a look, see what you need, and start a grocery list.
If your kitchen is clean but still cluttered: start decluttering. Check out our daily missions. FlyLady usually sends out one during the week which concentrates on decluttering one small area of your kitchen.
If your kitchen is decluttered: (that means no more clutter — only the things you use and love) Start the detailed cleaning list. You will be amazed at how quickly the shiny sparkle from the kitchen sink spreads throughout the entire kitchen when the clutter is gone!
Welcome to Zone 2- The Kitchen. With warm weather just around the corner for many of us, that means less time in the kitchen and more time on the grill! Is your grill ready? Do you have the tools you need to get that perfectly barbequed chicken? Are you running low on your favorite spices? It’s time to get our grilling tools ready to go! Spend just a few minutes today and take stock of what you have and what you need. Make your list and do some shopping! If you start now, you have time to do some price shopping and not have to buy something over priced at the last minute because you need it NOW. Preparation saves us time and money!