- Make your bed
- Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
- Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
- Read your FlyLady emails
- Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
- Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
- Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
- Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!
- Keep your sink shining
- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
- Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!
- Go to bed at your bedtime
Here is another inspirational testimonial that is the first page of FlyLady’s book, Sink Reflections. Your home can be this, too. You are taking the BabySteps to get you there.
May all our homes be our own private Bed and Breakfast!
One morning, I was working out on my treadmill, talking to Kelly on the phone, and reading your e-mail messages (yes, all at the same time!) when I came across this message. I start to read it out loud over the phone to Kelly:
I wanted to let you know about the wonderful B&B my husband and I stayed at this Memorial Day weekend. The small but simply furnished kitchen was well stocked with delicious healthy snacks and meals. Homemade waffles with blackberries were served from a beautiful, clean kitchen. The living areas and bedrooms were furnished with fresh, plumped pillows, lovely matching sheets and down comforter, and scented candles everywhere. The bathroom — ah… bubble bath, lotions, and fresh, white towels. The library was stocked with books, magazines and yoga videos…
Kelly and I were both getting excited — where was this wonderful sounding bed and breakfast? We always keep our eyes peeled for pampering opportunities, especially ones we can share with our spouses. I continued to read:
… Best of all, my husband and I spent time together with no interruptions, chores, or traffic. Okay — you guessed it… thanks to you, this is my home. Thank you, thank you.
The tears started flowing, even Kelly was speechless. Thank YOU to the sender — this e-mail made my day!